This recipe for 15-Minute Sticky Sesame Cauliflower is crispy, saucy, and takeout-inspired! It’s a healthy weeknight dinner option that’s ready in a flash. Serve it over rice or in lettuce wraps for a simple meal.
- 1 small to medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lite rice vinegar
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 TBS crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil*
- 2 tsp powdered ginger (or 1 TBS minced fresh ginger)
- 1 and 1/2 TBS cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Sesame seeds, romaine lettuce wraps, or cooked rice for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray/oil a baking tray and line cauliflower in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, garlic, red pepper if using, oil, and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a separate cup, whisk cornstarch and water. Add this cup to the boiling sauce mixture as soon as it is rapidly bubbling. Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat. The sauce will begin to thicken, so continue to stir!
- Remove sauce from heat. After 10 minutes of time in the oven, flip cauliflower and bake 5-10 minutes more (until browned but not burned). Remove from oven and add to the pan with the sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve in lettuce wraps garnished with sesame seeds or over a bed of rice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: One third of recipe
- Calories: 103 calories
- Sugar: 11.9 grams
- Sodium: 649.7 milligrams
- Fat: 1.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20.4 grams
- Fiber: 2.6 grams
- Protein: 3.9 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: cauliflower, sesame, takeout, sticky, lettuce wrap