This Turmeric Ginger Sleep Steamer is the perfect drink for before bed! Similar to Moon Milk, this caffeine-free recipe is comforting and the perfect way to wind down in the evening. Easily vegan with tons of anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups plain nondairy milk (such as oat, coconut, cashew, or almond)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated (or 1/4 tsp ground)
- 1/2 tsp fresh turmeric, grated (or 1/8 tsp ground)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg, optional
- A few twists of black pepper
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Add milk. ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg if using, black pepper, vanilla, and maple syrup to a small pot.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook for 3-5 minutes, until warmed through and slightly reduced. Stir a few times to prevent burning.
- If you’d like, strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve before drinking (this is recommended if you used fresh ginger and turmeric). Best enjoyed right away!
Nutrition information is an estimate, calculated using a base of unsweetened plain almond milk.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: Indian-Inspired
- Serving Size: One half of recipe
- Calories: 46.8 calories
- Sugar: 5.5 grams
- Sodium: 130.8 milligrams
- Fat: 1.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.6 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7.4 grams
- Fiber: 0.4 grams
- Protein: 0.8 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 grams
Keywords: turmeric, ginger, latte