This Vegan No Churn Wild Berry Pie Ice Cream is a new summer favorite! It’s easily made with a salted cream base, swirled with fresh berry jam, and dotted with crispy, buttery, cinnamon sugar pie crust pieces.
NOTE: I recommend chilling two cans of coconut milk overnight in the fridge before making this recipe, to have the thickest coconut cream. If you do not have time to do this, use cans of coconut cream, not cream of coconut or coconut milk.
For vegan ice cream base:
- 1 1/4 cups coconut cream, scraped off of two chilled 15 oz cans of coconut milk (or from one 15 oz can coconut cream)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS vodka, optional (to help with creaminess)
For berry pie flavorings:
- 1/2 sheet of thawed pie crust (store-bought is great, or here is an easy vegan pie crust recipe)
- 1 TBS melted vegan butter or neutral oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup low sugar berry jam of choice
- Add coconut cream, sea salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and vodka (if using) to a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy. Pour into a freezer-safe glass dish and place in the freezer.
- Stir ice cream every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours, taking care to break up any ice crystals that form. This will aerate the mixture and ensure a smooth end result. The more you stir, the creamier it will be!
- Meanwhile, prepare toppings by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut pie crust into small pieces (you’ll want around 1 cup of pieces in total). Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to coat. Place in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes, until crisped but not burned. The exact baking time will depend on how thick your crust is. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Once you’ve chilled and stirred the ice cream a few times, remove it from the freezer and dollop jam on top, in 6-8 places. Top with as many pie crust pieces as you’d like. Use a knife to swirl jam and pie chips into the ice cream, mixing throughout for even swirls. Freeze one final time until solid.
- To serve, let come to room temperature (sometimes I microwave quickly, to speed this up) and enjoy! Ice cream will keep for a few weeks in a sealed container but is best when fresh.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chilling time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: One sixth of recipe
- Calories: 251.2 calories
- Sugar: 18.7 grams
- Sodium: 408.7 milligrams
- Fat: 17.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 15.4 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.2 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 23.4 grams
- Fiber: 1.2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Keywords: strawberry, blueberry, ice cream, coconut cream, no churn