These cheesy kale chips will be your new favorite snack! So easy to make and totally vegan, you’ll want to devour the entire tray.
Can kale chips be considered addictive?
With this recipe, you’ll see what I mean!
This was actually inspired by a visit to my boyfriend’s parents house. His dad graciously purchased a bag of kale chips from the store, knowing my propensity for all things green. I think they were Rhythm brand? Anyway, they were MUCH tastier than either of us had expected and we promptly finished off the entire bag!
I knew there must be an easy way to recreate crave-able kale chips at home. Here are a few secrets to getting them down.
How to master kale chips
- Lacinato kale will yield the stiffest crunch, but feel free to use whatever kind you have on hand. The big leaves are more fun in my opinion! The stems won’t get too crispy though, so just eat around them.
- Make sure the leaves are not touching each other on the sheet. This is tricky, but it really allows for complete crisping.
Benefits of nutritional yeast
Is there anything nutritional yeast can’t do? Here it lends the ideal “cheesy” flavor, along with a hefty boost of protein: 9 grams per serving!
I hope you enjoy these kale chips! Please tag @garlic_head on Instagram so I can see your lovely creations🌱
Pin this Image
How to make cheesy kale chips
- 8 large Lacinato kale leaves, washed and dried
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F and line a couple of baking sheets with silicone mats.
- Wash kale and dry completely. Using your hands, spread a small amount of olive oil over each leaf on each side. Sprinkle each side with a little sea salt and nutritional yeast
- Spread kale over baking sheet so that as few pieces are touching as possible (this will help them crisp up). Bake for 20 minutes, rotating pans at the halfway point. It's always a good idea to check that things aren't cooking too quickly/burning. Test a chip for crisp-ness and remove from oven once desired level is reached. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!