This Gin Cranberry is a great Thanksgiving or Christmas cocktail, but delicious any time of year! Made with cranberry sauce, fresh lime, gin, and sparkling lime water it’s a refreshing and festive drink.
Sparkling Gin Cranberry, a perfect Thanksgiving cocktail
I’ve said it before and it bears repeating- I love anything and everything cranberry this time of year! From pies to crumble to stuffing, I’ll find a way to incorporate these tart little berries everywhere.
Today, we’re repurposing a classic Thanksgiving table treat into a fizzy cocktail everyone will love.
Ingredients in a Sparkling Gin Cranberry
- Cranberry sauce, for flavor and color
- Lime juice, for brightness
- Maple syrup, for a touch of sweetness
- Grated ginger, for a festive bite
- Sparkling water, to fizz
What kind of gin is best in this cranberry gin cocktail?
A lot of people tell me they do not care for gin (and that it tastes “piney”), but I disagree. My favorite type of gin is Hendricks. This can get expensive but if you’re looking for an extra special holiday buy, this is it!
If you’re looking to save money, I am happy to report that gin quality will not greatly affect the taste of this drink. Cranberries and lime both tend to dominate the palette, so a lower-shelf alcohol will also be delicious.
How to Make a Gin and Cranberry Cocktail
This recipe really could not be simpler! To prepare, you’ll simply combine some cranberry sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, gin, and optional grated ginger in a cocktail shaker with some ice. After shaking to combine, you’ll strain over an ice-filled rocks glass and top with more cranberry sauce, a lime round, or pomegranate arils! It’s a perfect holiday cocktail ready in under 5 minutes.
I like floating some additional cranberries on top of the cocktail, for an even more celebratory flair. To do this, I recommend rolling some frozen cranberries in sugar right before serving. Though this recipe only makes one cocktail, it is easily multiplied and could even be made ahead (with the sparkling water added just before serving).
For more Thanksgiving drink ideas, try one of these next:Print
This Cranberry Gin Fizz is a great Thanksgiving or Christmas cocktail, but delicious any time of year! Made with cranberry sauce, fresh lime, gin, and sparkling lime water it’s a refreshing and festive drink.
- 3 TBS cranberry sauce, divided
- Juice of one half of a lime plus one lime round, reserved for garnish
- One half TBS maple syrup
- 1 shot gin
- 1 TBS of freshly grated ginger, optional
- 1 can of lime sparkling water, divided
- 1 TBS pomegranate arils, optional
- Add 2 TBS cranberry sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, gin, and grated ginger to a shaker with 1 cup ice. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour and strain over an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with an additional TBS cranberry sauce (stirring in) and lime round. Top with sparkling water and optional pomegranate and serve immediately.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 205 calories
- Sugar: 22.2 g
- Sodium: 8.9 mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cranberry, holiday, cocktail, drink gin, lime