This simple Cranberry Pistachio Vegan Biscotti Recipe is full of festive flavors and colors! It’s the perfect complement to a cup of coffee or tea on a cold day. Great for a cookie exchange as well!
How Do I Make Vegan Biscotti?
Instead of using traditional eggs, use a mixture of ground flaxseed and water. This will mimic the binding properties of eggs and help the biscotti hold their shape.
Instead of using an egg wash, use coconut milk to help the tops of the biscotti brown and adhere to crunchy coarse such.
Instead of using traditional butter, use vegan butter! Miyokos is the best brand I’ve found for baking. Baking these biscotti is very simple:
- Make a simple dough of flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in pistachios, cranberries and other add-ins of choice.
- Shape into a log and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool, and slice into individual strips. Bake these at a lower temperature until golden brown and cooked through.
These cranberry pistachio biscotti are ideal for a vegan cookie exchange! If you’re looking for more sweet treats, try one of these next:
- Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies (like Tate’s)
- Soft Batch Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
Vegan Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 24 biscotti 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This simple Vegan Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti Recipe is full of festive flavors and colors! It’s the perfect complement to a cup of coffee or tea on a cold day. Great for a vegan cookie exchange as well!
- 3 TBS ground flax seed + 6 TBS water (three “flax eggs”)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 TBS unsalted butter, softened
- Â 3 TBS maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour, or Gluten-Free One for One
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 TBS coconut milk, for topping (like an “egg wash”), optional
- 2 TBS coarse sugar, for topping, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. In a small bowl, combine flax seed and water for flax egg and set in the fridge for 5 minutes to gel.
- In a large bowl, beat together baking powder, brown sugar, salt, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add “flax eggs” and beat once more. Using a wooden spoon, begin folding in flour a little at a time, until combined. The batter will be fairly wet. Stir in your chopped pistachios and cherries.
- Shape the dough on your lined baking sheet into a rectangle that is 5 x 11 inches (about 13 x 28 cm). Pat the top so that it’s a smooth “log” shape. The dough should be about three-fourths of an inch tall (2 cm).
- Brush the top with coconut milk and sprinkle coarse sugar on, if using. Bake for 30 minutes in the middle of your oven. Remove from the oven when edges of biscuit log are beginning to set.
- Let the dough cool. This is important as it will help you when slicing the biscotti into individual cookies.*
- Reduce your oven to 325 degrees F. After 5-10 minutes of cooling, carefully use a paring knife to slice .75 inch (2 cm) wide slices down the long side of the biscuit.
- Arrange your now-sliced biscotti back on the baking sheet and bake on the middle or top rack for 15-20 more minutes. At this point, check to ensure the bottoms are not browning too quickly or getting burned (if they are, just turn the biscotti on their side to continue baking).
- Remove cranberry pistachio biscotti from the oven and let cool.
I read on King Arthur Flour that a spray bottle filled with water can help here. Just spritz the top and sides of the cooked dough a few times to help soften the crust, making slicing easier.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 biscotti
- Calories: 118 calories
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 1.8 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.4 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 7.6 mg
Keywords: biscotti, cookie, cranberry, pistachio
Pin this Vegan Biscotti Recipe
Leave a Reply