This hearty Grilled Veggie Party Sub is the perfect packable sandwich or hoagie option! Toasted ciabatta bread is full of roasted peppers, grilled zucchini, and a homemade sun-dried tomato pesto for a filling, healthy, and delicious meal. Ready in under 30 minutes!We’re keeping things short and sweet today, since summer is the time for simplistic meals. Although this summer looks a little different (many less get togethers), having easy meals that are ready in under 30 minutes is SO important to me. And of course I’ll jump at any opportunity to use up fresh summer veggies!
This Grilled Veggie Party Sub would be a perfect packed lunch for a picnic or socially-distanced beach visit. It’s full of tangy flavor from a homemade sun-dried tomato pesto and loaded with hearty grilled veg. Let’s get into it!
Ingredients Needed for this Grilled Veggie Part Sub
- Sun-dried tomato pesto (recipe below): this provides most of our flavor and is equally delicious on pasta.
- Ciabatta bread: a classic loaf with a rustic feel that’s perfect for feeding a crowd
- Grilled veggies: Any bounty of your summer harvest works here, but I’m specifically including peppers, mushrooms, and squash
- Balsamic dressing: to marinate the veg
- Cheese: vegan if needed
- Salad greens: for fresh crunch
Of course, the ingredients listed above are very flexible. Regular pesto from the store or even a roasted red pepper dip would be delicious in place of the sun dried tomato version. Any kind of grilled vegetable could work, including green beans, onions, or eggplant. Additionally, instead of sliced cheese you could add a ricotta spread or even hummus.
I hope you enjoy this fun summer sandwich! If you’re looking for more picnic-ready eats, try one of these recipes next:
This recipe was inspired by Half Baked Harvest. I hope you enjoy it, please leave a comment and rating if you do!Print