This healthy Strawberry Limeade will be your favorite summer refresher! A perfect pair to classic cookout foods, it’s sweet, tangy, and easily customized. Topped with mint for a cooling summer beverage!
Nothing says summer like a refreshing glass of lemonade. Sweet, tart, icy, and just the perfect thirst-quencher after a day in the hot sun. Today we’re shaking up the standard formula with another favorite of mine – limeade! With strawberries added for a burst of sweetness and a pop of celebratory color. This beverage is equally at home at a 4th of July party or in a thermos on the beach. Let’s get into it!
What’s in Strawberry Limeade?
Today’s recipe consists of a few basic ingredients that should be familiar to most of us:
- Limes (of course), for most of our tart flavor
- Strawberries, to lend a bright color
- Lemons, for an additional citrus juice that is slightly more mellow but still classic
- Sugar, added to taste
- A pinch of salt, to improve the flavors of everything else
- Mint, to add some herbaceous, refreshing notes
- Seltzer water, to top
- Vodka, optional but perfect for making this into a party-ready cocktail!
How to Make Limeade
Like many drink recipes, the majority of the work for this recipe is simply mixing the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker. Instead of making a simple syrup on the stove (which no one wants to do in the summer), we add the sugar right into the mix. Pressing the mint a bit before adding it helps release some of those ultra-flavorful oils.
While I am using strawberries as a fruit pairing, it occurred to me that cherries might be a more popular addition! Feel free to try those instead and let me know how they turn out. Yum.
To make this a true cocktail, we’re adding one shot of vodka to each drink. I have not tested it with other alcohols, but am assuming tequila or even gin would also work.
I hope you enjoy this easy strawberry limeade! Please leave a comment and rating if you give it a try, or let me know on Instagram.
Looking for more cocktail ideas? Check out this roundup of 17 Margarita Recipes next.
This healthy Strawberry Limeade will be your favorite summer refresher! A perfect pair to classic cookout foods, it's sweet, tangy, and easily customized. Topped with mint for a cooling summer beverage!
- 6 limes, as fresh as you can find ((optional zest from one lime reserved))
- 3 large lemons
- 1/2 cup sugar, raw if you have it
- 6 large strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch of mint (about 2 cups), with a few sprigs reserved
- 1 bottle soda water or seltzer, like Topo Chico
- 4 shots of vodka, optional
- Ice for serving
- Juice: Juice 5 of the limes. Cut the remaining lime into wedges. Juice all of the lemons.
- Stir: Combine lime juice, lime wedges, lemon juice, cut strawberries, and salt into a cocktail shaker (or a large sealable jar). Shake to combine. Crush the mint leaves in your hands to release some of the oils and add to the shaker. Shake again.
- Serve! Add a few ice cubes to 4 small glasses (I used Bell jars). Strain equal amounts of the strawberry limeade syrup into each glass. It should be 1/4 – 1/3 cup per glass. Add seltzer to top off and to taste (be sure to not water it down too much!). If desired, add 1 shot of vodka to each glass and stir to combine. For added lime flavor, zest some of the remaining lime peels and rim the glasses with zest!
- Category: Drinks