This simple sweet/tart Strawberry Limeade will be your favorite refreshing drink! A perfect pair to classic cookout foods, it’s bright, tangy, and easily customized. Topped with mint for a cooling spring or summer beverage!
Nothing says summer like a refreshing glass of freshly-squeezed lemonade. Today’s recipe is a slight twist on this classic, substituting limes for lemons and adding fresh strawberries for a bright pop of color. Like many simple drink recipes (such as margaritas), this strawberry limeade does not require many steps.
What is in Strawberry Limeade?
- Sugar, added to taste
- A pinch of salt
- Seltzer water, to top
- Vodka, optional
How to Make Strawberry Limeade (with a cocktail option)
- Juice 5 large limes and 3 large lemons
- Combine lime juice, lime wedges, lemon juice, cut strawberries, and salt into a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine. Add some mint to the shaker and shake again.
- Serve! Strain equal amounts of the strawberry limeade syrup into four short, ice-filled glasses. Add seltzer to top off, along with 1 optional shot of vodka.
How to Serve Strawberry Limeade
For added lime flavor, zest some of the remaining lime peels and rim the glasses with this zest + 1 tsp sea salt. I like to garnish glasses with a lime round and a sprig of mint. You could also serve with more strawberries.
How to Customize this Recipe
- Use lemons in place of limes for a traditional strawberry lemonade.
- Swap the strawberries for another small fruit, like cherries or blueberries
- Add freshly grated ginger and top with ginger beer instead of seltzer.
- Instead of vodka, try adding gin or tequila.
Love strawberries? Be sure to check out this round up of my favorite vegan strawberry recipes!
Looking for more refreshing cocktail recipes? Try one of these next!
- Extra-Ginger Moscow Mule
- Sparkling Rosé French 75
- Strawberry Peach Frosé
- Cucumber Melon Gin Fizz
- Pina Coladas
- Salted Watermelon Margaritas
- The Garden Party Cocktail
I hope you enjoy this easy strawberry limeade! Please leave a comment and rating if you give it a try, or let me know on Instagram.Print