This simple sweet/tart Strawberry Limeade will be your favorite refreshing drink! A perfect pair to classic cookout foods, it’s bright, tangy, and easily customized. Topped with mint for a cooling spring or summer beverage!
Nothing says summer like a refreshing glass of freshly-squeezed lemonade. Today’s recipe is a slight twist on this classic, substituting limes for lemons and adding fresh strawberries for a bright pop of color. Like many simple drink recipes (such as margaritas), this strawberry limeade does not require many steps.
What is in Strawberry Limeade?
- Sugar, added to taste
- A pinch of salt
- Seltzer water, to top
- Vodka, optional
How to Make Strawberry Limeade (with a cocktail option)
- Juice 5 large limes and 3 large lemons
- Combine lime juice, lime wedges, lemon juice, cut strawberries, and salt into a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine. Add some mint to the shaker and shake again.
- Serve! Strain equal amounts of the strawberry limeade syrup into four short, ice-filled glasses. Add seltzer to top off, along with 1 optional shot of vodka.
How to Serve Strawberry Limeade
For added lime flavor, zest some of the remaining lime peels and rim the glasses with this zest + 1 tsp sea salt. I like to garnish glasses with a lime round and a sprig of mint. You could also serve with more strawberries.
How to Customize this Recipe
- Use lemons in place of limes for a traditional strawberry lemonade.
- Swap the strawberries for another small fruit, like cherries or blueberries
- Add freshly grated ginger and top with ginger beer instead of seltzer.
- Instead of vodka, try adding gin or tequila.
Looking for more refreshing cocktail recipes? Try one of these next!
- Extra-Ginger Moscow Mule
- Sparkling Rosé French 75
- Strawberry Peach Frosé
- Cucumber Melon Gin Fizz
- Piña Coladas
- Salted Watermelon Margaritas
I hope you enjoy this easy strawberry limeade! Please leave a comment and rating if you give it a try, or let me know on Instagram.Print
Pin this recipe
Click on this strawberry limeade photo to add it to your recipe board on Pinterest!