This fudgy vegan chocolate pudding recipe is the answer to your easy dessert needs! It’s ready in just 5 minutes with simple ingredients. Fast & delicious, it’s basically the perfect healthy dessert!
Chocolate or vanilla?
This question is typically asked as an either/or , meaning you can only reside on one side. To be honest, I can appreciate each flavor in its own right! Execution is far more important than the taste itself. For example, ever had a chocolate cake that was dry and crumbly? NO. THANKS. Or a grainy vanilla frosting? The worst!
I stand firmly in the middle of these two flavor camps, but today we are focusing on chocolate in particular. Specifically, chocolate in pudding form. Creamy, decadent, and made with an unexpected ingredient…avocado!
Because cocoa powder has such a strong presence, it is able to easily mask less conventional ingredients. Ever heard of black bean brownies? Those are easily made possible via this same technique!
Like these Vegan Almond Joys, I love crafting dessert ideas that take just a few minutes.
Let’s get into it!
What’s great about this recipe is that it really only requires four ingredients.
What You Need for this Easy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- A ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Almond milk
I prefer to use a food processor, but a high-speed blender would work as well. No chill time is required, so you literally can have a decadent dessert ready from start to finish in just 5 minutes.👏🏻
Easy ways to customize this recipe
- Serve it as pictured here with coconut whipped cream and chocolate chips
- Add in some strawberries or raspberries for a fruity twist
- Instead of almond milk, try coffee for a mocha addition
- Mix up the texture with a few spoonfuls of crushed nuts
I hope you enjoy this easy dessert recipe, and that it helps satisfy your sweet tooth! Please let me know in the comments if you give this a try, or over on Instagram.
Love chocolate recipes? Try these!
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- 1 avocado, pitted and mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3-6 TBS almond milk
- Pinch salt, optional
- Toppings of choice: chocolate chips, fresh fruit, nut butter, crushed nuts, whipped cream
- Add all pudding ingredients to a food processor of high-speed blender and combine until no chunks remain.
- Serve with toppings of choice!
Pin this recipe for later: